Sixth Form curriculum
As part of an informal partnership with Maria Fidelis and Westminster Kingsway College, our dynamic and innovative curriculum offer is designed to meet the needs, talents and interests of every student. We offer a combination of AS/A level and BTEC National courses and provide students with personalised guidance on choosing their subjects that will enable them to achieve their future ambitions.
A level courses (Level 3)
A level courses available at partnership schools
Entry Requirements: Students must have achieved at least five GCSE passes at grade C or above, including English language and mathematics at Grade C or above or the equivalent. A minimum of Grade B or equivalent is desirable in all subjects chosen for study and essential for some. An AS level programme comprises a minimum of three subjects and applicants must meet the minimum entry requirements for each subject chosen, as well as meeting the overall entry requirement.
BTEC National courses (Level 3)
- BTEC National Diploma in Applied Science (Double Award – 2 A-Level Equivalent)
- BTEC National Diploma in Art & Design (Double Award - 2 A-Level Equivalent)
- BTEC National Diploma in Performing Arts (Double or Single Award)
- BTEC National Diploma in Sport (Double or Single Award)
- BTEC National Diploma in Travel & Tourism (single award – 1 A-Level over 2 years)
- BTEC National Diploma in Business (single award – 1 A-Level over 2 years)
- BTEC National Subsidiary Diploma in Music (single award – 1 A-Level over 2 years)
- BTEC National Subsidiary Diploma in ICT (single award – 1 A-Level over 2 years)
Entry Requirements: For admission to a BTEC National programme of study, students must have achieved at least five passes at GCSE Grade C or above or equivalent, including one in the chosen area of study. A minimum of Grade D is required in both English language and mathematics. A pass at BTEC 1st Level will usually allow a student to progress on to a BTEC National Qualification in a relevant area of study.
BTEC First Diploma Courses (Level 2)
- BTEC 1ST Diploma in Business
Entry Requirements: For admission to BTEC courses at Level 2 applicants should have five GCSE passes at Grades D to F or equivalent Level 1 passes including functional English and Mathematics.
Entry Level Courses:
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) Course
Entry Requirements: Entry requirements for all entry level courses are flexible.